Medtronic

www.medtronic.com
  www.medtronic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

High product quality and personal development are key to Medtronic's mission

Current Employee - Clinical Research Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Clinical Research Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

Medtronic does a tremendous job of promoting employee development and utilizing the talents of the individuals in the employ. Not only do they encourage growth within your current job function, but they help you plan for future jobs/functions and connect you with employees in other functions/business units so that you can explore your options. The corporate and managerial support for growth and development is amazing.

Cons

I can't think of anything specific to Medtronic, but it is industry and with that go a lot more SOPs and 'steps' that need to be taken. But again, that speaks to the quality effort so I really can't consider it a downside.

Keep disseminating information to employees regarding the direction of the company and initiatives being pursued by the company. Making sure all voices are heard helps to create and keep an engaged workforce.

813 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

Mission-driven by a phenomenal workforce

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

The dedication of Medtronic's employees to the company's mission can only be explained as cult-like. The basic tenets of the mission - Alleviating Pain, Restoring Health, Extending Life - have been in place for nearly 50 years, and decisions within the company are made daily with a keen eye toward them. There aren't many places that a person can work and feel like they are making a significant contribution to the health and welfare of people around the world. Functionally, the company is solidly dedicated to using technology to enable collaboration, data-driven decision making, and even work-life balance. Finally, Medtronic and its people are solid leaders in the community, contributing significantly of their time, effort, and sponsorship to health and educational initiatives.

Cons

Like many large companies, the bureaucracy can be stifling at times. Despite efforts at reducing them, there are still too many meetings with too many unnecessary stakeholders in attendance. Decision-making in this environment can be challenging. It also results in most of my own deliverable work being performed in the evenings instead of during the workday. While the company is dedicated to the continuing development of its workforce at all levels, I often feel like I don't have enough time to dedicate to developing my own people, much less myself.

Please continue to make clear and decisive decisions; there have been many instances of projects or programs lingering on without a clear sense of support or cancellation. I would much rather receive direction to cease a program than have an ambiguous sense of support. Continue the focus on quality - even though our industry as a whole maintains the highest standards, we are still going to be held to even higher ones than any other.

Medtronic is a great place to work and has a bright future.

Current Employee - Principal Biomedical Safety Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Principal Biomedical Safety Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

Strong Mission -t o contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.

Cons

Highly Regulated Industry, and therefore high stress at times

More recognition needs to be given to employees in the quality area.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic