There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

My honesty resulted in my contract getting terminated

Former Contractor - I T Field Sales Support Analyst in Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN

I worked at Medtronic as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The team I worked with were collaborative and helpful, always willing to help if I had an end-user situation I wasn't sure how to handle.

Cons

Little to no communication from management.

Learn to become more collaborative and flexible with your contractors. They make up a good percentage of your I.T. workforce, and if you penalize them for moonlighting or looking for extra hours elsewhere, you're going to develop a bad reputation. People willing to take on contract work do it largely because they have no choice, thanks to this "new" economy of ours. You need to adjust your managerial style to be more open and understanding, or you're going to lose good contractors to other companies. We DO talk amongst ourselves, you know.

reviews filtered by

Almost there...

Former Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medtronic as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Very talented work force. Inspired products and stories. Supportive environment for staff and Medtronic employees.

Cons

Lacks shared vision for future. Difficult environment for contractors. Lot's of political loop holes. Unfortunately, staff turnover is seldom, which is good for those employees but some turnover may spur more creative solutions and business acumen.

Shuffle employee talent to get more exposure and diverse experience across business segments. Keeps employees motivated and fresh.

2. Awesome

Current Employee - Support Technician in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment for diversity and learning

Cons

Average salary range not tops

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic