There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

My honesty resulted in my contract getting terminated

Former Contractor - I T Field Sales Support Analyst in Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN

I worked at Medtronic as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The team I worked with were collaborative and helpful, always willing to help if I had an end-user situation I wasn't sure how to handle.

Cons

Little to no communication from management.

Advice to Management

Learn to become more collaborative and flexible with your contractors. They make up a good percentage of your I.T. workforce, and if you penalize them for moonlighting or looking for extra hours elsewhere, you're going to develop a bad reputation. People willing to take on contract work do it largely because they have no choice, thanks to this "new" economy of ours. You need to adjust your managerial style to be more open and understanding, or you're going to lose good contractors to other companies. We DO talk amongst ourselves, you know.

reviews filtered by

Management is clueless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Medtronic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Community Day is always a pro. Love helping out the community.

Cons

Management is clueless. They have managers in positions that don’t understand what their employees do, thus leading to layoffs and saving those who lie and feed managers with BS or are his or her friends. Low-end managers listen to leads that are banking on retiring in 5 years. Senior Managers are getting fed bad information from low-end managers.

Advice to Management

Look around, how many 50+ employees does Medtronic have. Some employees are great but some have a goal and it is to coast to retirement. They are hoping to squeeze 5 more years out. Some of these are leads and managers. Senior management is seeing its young work force leave. For engineering and tech jobs it will take years to get new employees up to speed. Guess they are all banking on 5 years. Medtronic is going to be lost 5 years from now. Unless the plan is to start shipping jobs over seas? With the new CEO and what he did at GM, bank on more jobs in the US being lost in 2013 and on.

2. Awesome

Current Employee - Support Technician in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment for diversity and learning

Cons

Average salary range not tops

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic