Calibration technican outlook at Medtronic

Former Employee - Calibration Technician in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Calibration Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medtronic full-time

Pros

From a workers point of view the company is well organized for the companys good as it should be.

Cons

The company as a whole gives lip service to workers well being.

Advice to Management

Please remember that although we do wonders for out patients the folks who invent and build our wonderful stuff need to be taken care of.

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

Dedicated to Medtronic for 13 years

Current Employee - Principal Project Analyst - Clinical Research in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Medtronic stays true to its mission no matter what the costs to growth and profits. History and proven this to be a great plan which is why Medtronic is the world leader in Medical Devices. I have stayed at Medtronic for 13 years, dodging 5 layoffs, partly due to the commitment to the mission. There is a sense of pride knowing that what you do is impacting lives.

Cons

The market which Medtronic does business has changed significantly over the past 5+ years resulting in slower growth and substantial organizational change. Many friends and colleagues have been let go for this reason. I believe the global market will remain fairly flat so optimism for my career advancement at Medtronic is relatively low. Also, pay is not as good as it should be given the slower growth. Medtronic leadership has been changing in an effort to adapt to the new market, but the frequent re-boots have impacted moral.

Advice to Management

Stick to the plan our new CEO has presented to us and avoid frequent reorganizations. There is a need to repair the confidence employees have in company leadership.

Good products and great people, some bad apples like any other big company.

Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medtronic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Affecting patient's lives in a positive way.

Cons

Highly political environment, many managers are not employee growth focused.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate - innovation will be what will keep growing the company.