Medtronic

Nice!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I worked at Medtronic full-time

Pros

Great to work with co workers at the other locations. Was able to travel to MN and meet them

Cons

New Management seems a bit disconnected

814 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

Dedicated to Medtronic for 13 years

Current Employee - Principal Project Analyst - Clinical Research in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Medtronic stays true to its mission no matter what the costs to growth and profits. History and proven this to be a great plan which is why Medtronic is the world leader in Medical Devices. I have stayed at Medtronic for 13 years, dodging 5 layoffs, partly due to the commitment to the mission. There is a sense of pride knowing that what you do is impacting lives.

Cons

The market which Medtronic does business has changed significantly over the past 5+ years resulting in slower growth and substantial organizational change. Many friends and colleagues have been let go for this reason. I believe the global market will remain fairly flat so optimism for my career advancement at Medtronic is relatively low. Also, pay is not as good as it should be given the slower growth. Medtronic leadership has been changing in an effort to adapt to the new market, but the frequent re-boots have impacted moral.

Stick to the plan our new CEO has presented to us and avoid frequent reorganizations. There is a need to repair the confidence employees have in company leadership.

great people but lacks leadership

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are very nice and capable. Mission driven, good benefits.

Cons

Generally lacks direction and too much short term focus. Management describes long term picture but you don't know how to get there or if you are even in the picture.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic