Medtronic

www.medtronic.com

Medtronic Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mounds View, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Pros

Great opportunities for people in their 20s and 30s. Plenty of extra committees and workshops to learn the different business.

Cons

Over 40s are stagnated. Very few opportunities for over 40s not to move up the ladder. They have bully managers and HR doesn't even know what that means.

Be aware of bully managers. Check out both sides before taking action. Train managers on how to believe the employees in these situations.

Other reviews for Medtronic

Calibration technican outlook at Medtronic

Former Employee - Calibration Technician  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Calibration Technician in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

From a workers point of view the company is well organized for the companys good as it should be.

Cons

The company as a whole gives lip service to workers well being.

Please remember that although we do wonders for out patients the folks who invent and build our wonderful stuff need to be taken care of.

Dedicated to Medtronic for 13 years

Current Employee - Principal Project Analyst - Clinical Research  in  Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Principal Project Analyst - Clinical Research in Mounds View, MN

Pros

Medtronic stays true to its mission no matter what the costs to growth and profits. History and proven this to be a great plan which is why Medtronic is the world leader in Medical Devices. I have stayed at Medtronic for 13 years, dodging 5 layoffs, partly due to the commitment to the mission. There is a sense of pride knowing that what you do is impacting lives.

Cons

The market which Medtronic does business has changed significantly over the past 5+ years resulting in slower growth and substantial organizational change. Many friends and colleagues have been let go for this reason. I believe the global market will remain fairly flat so optimism for my career advancement at Medtronic is relatively low. Also, pay is not as good as it should be given the slower growth. Medtronic leadership has been changing in an effort to adapt to the new market, but the frequent re-boots have impacted moral.

Stick to the plan our new CEO has presented to us and avoid frequent reorganizations. There is a need to repair the confidence employees have in company leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic.

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!