Medtronic

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

Centers of Excellence = Centers of status quo and favoritism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Supposedly it is prestigious to work here. Good jobs for people in Minnesota, we are lucky to have this employer headquartered in this state.

Cons

I have sold my stock, and threw away my 5 year medallion. Sadly, this company encourages and rewards poor behaviors in their leadership. More changes in progress--one would think this would be a good thing. What will happen, as always, the favorite employees (not necessarily the valuable contributors and hard workers) will be promoted/retained, and status quo will prevail. Employees have learned to stay below the radar, don't ask questions, or you end up on the RIF list. Leaders with no relevant subject matter experience will be recirculated and plugged into plum roles and delegate away until they retire. Others will not even have a shot at these positions, as they will not be posted. Ho hum...here we go again.

Post all positions so that everyone has a shot at them--or at least appear to be trying to make it fair. Make the RIF process fair. Your employment brand is becoming a joke.

814 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic