www.medtronic.com

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

Exciting technology, great people, awesome culture. Medtronic is a well respected company for a reason. I can't say enough good things about the company.

Cons

Working for a large company in a highly regulated industry means you have to deal with a lot of red tape.

Consider implementing engineering leadership development rotational programs, similar to the LDRP for MBAs. It would be nice to get the broad exposure rotational programs offer.

800 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

Passionate leadership, believe in the mission.

Cons

Difficult to naviagate upwards in career

Develop internal employees

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

The people who work at Medtronic are very hard working, results oriented, and yet very fun to work with. Everyone is dedicated to what they do and know that what they do is making a difference in someone elses life that will use the products we develop and manufacture. There appears to be this unspoken global sense that all employees share in that they know that they are making a difference in a strangers life for the better and that feels good.

Cons

It USED to be a company that you could grow with, raise a family around, and work your entire life for knowing that you would retire from there someday. However, with the recent lay-offs, that is no longer the case.

This is an American based company, founded here in America, by an American. When there's a need to cut back on expenses, can't we please try to cut some place else other than here in America? Can't we please try to keep the majority of manufacturing jobs here in America? We should never forget where we came from as our mission may be altered.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic