There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

Excellent experience, but they manage people resources poorly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

Plenty of extremely smart people makes it a great place to learn and grow. Company culture emphasizes work-life balance and the trust that you will get your work done. Everyone is extremely committed to the mission and to helping improve peoples' lives.

Cons

Medtronic has the interesting practice of training all of their interns to go off and work for St. Jude and Boston Scientific; they do not hire anyone out of college. Frequent layoffs. They do not invest in young talent at all, which seems like a bad strategy for long-term growth. They do not have any loyalty towards their employees, everyone seems expendable.

May 15, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback, both constructive and positive so thank you for taking the time to share your experience

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company with a great mission.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

Benefits, employee friendly, decent pay.

Cons

Can be very political. Uses a lot of contractors versus investing in building employee base and loyalty.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they have great ideas.

May 15, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Very positive overall experience working here.

Former Employee - Principal Design Technician in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Principal Design Technician in Memphis, TN

I worked at Medtronic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent facilities, coworkers, and training and learning opportunities. One of the best decisions I ever made was working at Medtronic, as I met many great coworkers, and learned a great deal that definitely allowed me to advance my career.

Cons

Lack of opportunities for career advancement unless you have advanced degrees. (MS, PhD) There are many great people working there that have experience and education, but just not to the level required to advance within the company.

Advice to Management

Allow and inform employees of paths for advancement, giving them the opportunity to rise within the company without having advanced formal education. This would enable employees who have to leave the company for advancement to stay within the company, making it better.

Apr 2, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate all feedback we receive from candidates and employees as it helps us to better evaluate where we need improvement. We have passed your feedback onto ... More