Employees first!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Meebo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meebo attracted some of the best talent by fostering an employees-first culture. The company's founders saw to it that employees were always interested, engaged and happy. Beyond the usual perks of food and drink, they provided adequate time for education, vacation and enjoyment–often inviting employees to explore new technologies, experiment with new projects and even take part in fun and educational scavenger hunts.

Cons

Unfortunately, they are now Google.

Other Employee Reviews for Meebo

1. Great for developers and kingdom-builders, not so good for others.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Meebo full-time

Pros

Some of the most brilliant programmers/developers I've worked with were at Meebo. Their location in downtown Mountain View was great, and most of the co-founders were great to work with.

Cons

Some departments were big on turf-defending and drama. The company decided long ago to scrap their most popular product (Messenger) and its associated goodwill, focusing on an ad toolbar that most ad blockers were very happy to get rid of.

2. Should go down in the hall of fame for close-knit families

Former Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Meebo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working day-to-day with the smartest people I've met inspired me daily. Working across teams was always a pleasure because everybody was very empathetic and could see all sides of discussions.

Cons

The kitchen was all the way upstairs! Very few people were eager for happy hour after a long week, which kinda sucked but I guess is healthy :) Opportunities for advancement were slim-to-none. Some teams grew, some teams did not, so I never leveled up. Also, the company no longer exists, so... that's sort of a con, right?

Advice to Management

Promote from within next time.