Upper management dropped the ball, then forgot to try to pick it up.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Suwanee, GA
Current Employee - Engineer in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Meggitt Defense Systems

Pros

Regardless of the rumor mill seeding worries of downsizing, the company has been a stable place to work.

Cons

Unless you are a direct part of a specific internal group, then success in the company will only come if you threaten to leave, or leave and come back. You have to get promoted to get a raise, it seems, and to some, regardless of how much or how little of a benefit they are to the company as a whole, get promotions to positions that seem pointless. I would think someone placed in a director position would be in charge of directing something, but I could be wrong.

Our product is very customer driven, to the point that contractual agreements are not so strictly adhered to during production. At some point, we need upper management to step in and negotiate with the customers, instead of letting the customer keep red-lining our costs.

Other Reviews for Meggitt Defense Systems

Overall positive experience, learned plenty

I worked at Meggitt Defense Systems full-time

Pros

Good people, good products, interesting work

Cons

Occasional extreme micromanagement from above

Increase communication

Average run-of-the-mill defense company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Meggitt Defense Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good sr mgmt. Solid experience through the defense cycles, knows how to make good decisions and hold their ground. Meggitt's acqusition and financial management is held at bay for the most part but is now beginning to leak through.

Cons

Poor middle management. Sub standard engineers. Very few challenging engineering opportunities. Unfortunate old-boys-club. Salary is average for industry but below average for locale. Focus is on quarterly bookings and inventory turns, not on satisfying the customer.

Satisfy the customer, satisfy the engineer.

There are newer employer reviews for Meggitt Defense Systems.

Worked for Meggitt Defense Systems? Contribute to the Community!