Enjoyable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

A good entry level job that allows one to experince a wide variety of differnt retail positions.

Cons

Lower level managment can be quite in ineffective with regular employees often knowing more than managment.

Advice to Management

Hank does a great job in leading Meijer, he is a very sensable man whom has a great understanding of the pulse of his company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It wasn't bad, but if I ended up there, I'd kill myself.

Former Employee - GM Clerk in Greenwood, IN
    Former Employee - GM Clerk in Greenwood, IN

I worked at Meijer

Pros

The work itself isn't hard

Cons

Really strict time limits on breaks (down to the minute) Can be repetitive Mind-numbingly boring

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. Provide longer breaks. Provide more opportunities for advancement. Provide for easier ways for management to take criticism from the people they manage.

Unrealistic expectations, disorganized as a company. Terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Management in Plainfield, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Plainfield, IL

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

Some good Team Members and good prices

Cons

Total joke of a company. No one knows what is going on from top to bottom. Can't keep help, don't train people properly, huge turnaround even in management and regional office personell, that should tell you right there things are not right,if in this economy people continue to leave the company. Stay away...trust me!

Advice to Management

Get a clue! You guys are so disorganized its embarassing. Prices are great, but your ordering system stinks and the help you have is poor and or very inexperienced. You will never be able to stay long term in the Chicago Market if don't stop thinking this is Michigan, because it isn't...sorry but very disappointed in the way the company was run. Look at your average leadership in tenure, pretty bad considering your competition, Jewel/Dominicks have for the most part had long term loyal, smart leaders..not someone to fill a need. Just sayin!