Meijer

www.meijer.com

It's not a long term solution for motivated workers

Area Team Leader (Current Employee)

ProsThey were quick to promote anyone with talent. If you had the correct mindset and willingness to work, they promoted from within for store management positions.

ConsIf you are looking for anything beyond your basic store management positions, and you don't live in the Michigan area, good luck. You will be passed over by lessor candidates because of their career tracking program. It is nearly impossible to go from the store level management to upper levels in the organization without Michigan ties.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt most of your stores you have a wealth of talent. At the regional level you are making sure it gets reward but this policy is quickly getting log jammed b/c you only promote from the Michigan ranks.

Great job

I have been working at Meijer

Pros: This is a great place to work because it is very fair and balanced. The discipline… Cons: Its retail. the hours stink and you have to make a… Advice to Senior Management: The management team is gfreta and tehy really crae about… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wasn't that great

General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee)

I have been working at Meijer

Pros: Meet new people Fairly easy job Easy job to get Atmosphere is pretty… Cons: Stressful Store director isn't personable Pay is minimum Raises are not based on performance but on… Advice to Senior Management: Raise the pay of workers who work on the sales floor. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Meijer.

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!