There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

Meijer is a terrible place to look for a career.

Current Employee - Bakery in Portage, MI
Current Employee - Bakery in Portage, MI

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

Great for something part time when your in school and need someone to work around crazy availabilites and schedules, other than that it's easy to do any job there.

Cons

Management and corporate at Meijer are the most frustrating people I have ever run into in my life. They don't know how to do their jobs, what it takes for anyone else do theirs efficiently or show appreciation for people that actually care enough to do theirs. You don't get the equipment or supplies you need to do your job and they also won't do anything about anyone who doesn't feel like working and would rather just stand in one spot all day so if you just don't want to work at all it's the place for you.

Actually punish people who deserve it and stop being afraid of the union, do something during the day other than sit in the computer lab and learn how to do the jobs of the people you are managing.

618 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

Has gone downhill since I started back in 2003. Quality job performance not required.

Current Employee - Grocery Stocker in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Grocery Stocker in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

Cannot be fired for no reason
    makes grocery shopping easy since I'm already there
    plenty of time off (tongue in cheek)

Cons

Crappy equipment. Flattops are falling apart. Shamrocks are dirty, smelly.
    Some employees get away with doing minimal work. Employees that work hard are not recognized. They just pile on more work.

Get on the ball and start requiring better job performance.

Was okay, been going quickly downhill in the past year

Current Employee - Team Member in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

Direct Team Leaders will help and acknowledge the work you do
    Getting time off when needed is fairly easy
    Relaxed atmosphere if you know what you're doing

Cons

No reward for working harder than the next person, they just end up expecting more from you with no additional compensation
    Low pay (Wal-mart pays better for the exact same work)
    I currently have at least 4 bosses to answer to on any given day, they don't communicate well, and when they all tell you to do something different you are the one who gets in trouble for not getting things done "when you were told to do it"
    Especially within the past month the company has really been getting increasingly disrespectful towards the employees

eliminate the lines leader position, it serves no purpose, fewer meetings (went to 4 last Monday, and I'm a red shirt (team member)), reward good work with incentives, not with more work

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer