There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Manager in Warren, MI
Current Employee - Manager in Warren, MI

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

Working with diverse group of people and getting the opportunity to share ones knowledge while learning how to provide excellent customer service.

Cons

At times it is difficult to hire top talent for the company, whether its for management or at the team member level.

It would be beneficial to be able to give pay raises on performance at the team member level, to retain the talent needed to keep departments running efficiently.

622 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

Company that only pretends to care.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

I have been working at Meijer part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get Christmas off and you get paid every week. I get to meet people I've never met before and I get to help them.

Cons

They make you work all holidays except Christmas. I have to miss my brother's graduation after I tried everything I could, they don't care and didn't work with me to figure it out. They just decided this year to cut the hourly budgets so they're expecting us to do more then what we can. The store director I have doesn't know how to acknowledge achievements, only what were doing wrong or what she thinks we should be doing instead of our job. If your late cause of some kind of emergency or something happens to your car, they always say there is no excuses. Employees are just thrown into doing things, not really trained properly. They simply just don't care.

I think for once you should put yourselves in our positions cause everyday its getting worse and worse. Things don't get fixed, we're not trained properly, and its hard to spend time with family. I have to miss my brother's graduation cause of this company. You guys should really look into why some people have to call off or are late cause some causes you can't help. I use to have a team leader who helped when we were really busy, but now I just have one that talks on the phone to his wife all day and does nothing but pretend to organize things in the back. The store director always has negative energy and it gets worse when cooperate comes to visit. I feel uncomfortable around her and like I can't do anything right. This store is going down hill.

Average, but getting promoted without a college degree is rare

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Okemos, MI

I worked at Meijer

Pros

Plenty of work, but only part-time

Cons

Low pay and only part-time

Better take care of customers better

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer