Meijer

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

A Learning Experience

Former Employee - Service Worker
Former Employee - Service Worker

I worked at Meijer part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Let's just say it was a good learning experience. I learned about the ins and outs of retail and it is not glamorous. Basically, holding this position was motivation for me to go to school and graduate.

Cons

The pay is less than stellar, management was pretty lousy, and it was not a great place to work because of these things. At my store, the culture was not the best and it really brought the experience down.

642 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

For minimum wage less union dues, it is not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Meijer

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice coworkers, nice management, better than WalMart. Whenever I needed time off, typically it was given to me.

Cons

After holidays, hours dramatically reduced. Worst part is that you are basically forced into the union, and they deducted $6.25 every week, despite the amount of hours worked. After holidays low seniority was getting 10-15 hours per week. If I worked 10 hours @ $7.50/hour that is $75 which makes union dues over 8% of net pay.

It is a decent place to work. However, part time employees should not be required to be in the union, and should they elect not to be in the union, an equal amount of dues (or 85% if contested) should not be deducted from pay. When union dues are deducted from minimal pay, it give other minimum wage retail jobs a definite advantage.

at frist it was nice then it got really bad

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Meijer

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

most of the leadership sucks

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer