Meijer

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Team Leader in Huber Heights, OH
Current Employee - Team Leader in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Meijer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong commitment to quality and standards

Cons

Sometimes the commitment to high quality and standards puts the corp office at ends with the employee's on the sales floor

N/A

661 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

I was told I'd be part of the "Meijer Family"; I wasn't told that the part of the family I'd be was a slave.

Former Employee - Store Director in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Store Director in Lansing, MI

I worked at Meijer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

All of the reasons people chose to work at Meijer in the past are gone now. The only good one can expect to get from working at Meijer now is the knowledge that the "Meijer Family" became billionaires by treating their employees like slaves.

Cons

As an employee at Meijer you will be treated like a second class citizen by all levels of leadership throughout the company. When they're done with you they'll kick you to the curb like you're last weeks garbage.

Treat ALL people with dignity and respect. Give your employees positive incentives to perform (e.g. : employee stock options, profit sharing, ect.) and stop trying to motivate with threats, bullying, and hostility.

Not a motivating place to work.

Current Employee - GM Clerk in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - GM Clerk in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Since Meijer is part of the Union, there are plenty of benefits for you, like paid days off, vacation time, medical insurance, point system, ect.

Cons

The management is terrible. Closers will often ask you to perform other duties such as cashiering, cleaning, managing stock, and expect to have your original assignment done. Hours will be reduced if you get on the managers bad side. Will often deal with customers of lower intelligence and deal with a lot of theft. The job tasks are easy, but the people you work with will give you a hard time.

Communication is key. If considering management, workers understand that you have a higher title to take orders from and you have to carry it out. But do us all a favor and not go along with all the problems that can be addressed. The worse you are to the workers, the worse we will do on our jobs and attitude.

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer