There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

A day in life of a deli worker

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Traverse City, MI
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Meijer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I had fun meeting and working with people. I would say most of my retail and customer experience has come from being an employee. I would however recommend that if you think of working here, that you loose your common sense because you won't need it here.

Cons

The normal work drag. Long hours, low pay and no appreciation for what you have done by the upper level people.

Get a hold of your people and tell them to work with each other and not fight with one another.

617 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

Bad place where Employees get treated like dirt.

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Utility Worker in Portage, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some friendly Co-workers, Family members work there too.

Cons

LOTS AND LOTS of hate and disrespect everywhere. You do backbreaking work in one department namely receiving then they send you to Cart Pusher with no hope of getting back your $8.75 pay an hour being stuck at $8.25 an hour for max seniority at Cart Pusher. They push alot of work onto you while others in the same department are slacking off and chit chatting. Lot of behind the back talk everywhere in the place and the leaders are nothing but disrespect-able people. If you looking for a quick job this is it. but I suggest not staying here in the long run Esp. if it's the Shaver Road Meijer.
     They THREATEN you to do a task that you are not trained / entitled to do if not they will fire you on the spot.

Treat your seniors with respect and treat everyone fairly...If not more bad word is spreading everywhere and even if I lose this job I will spread the word about all the injustice and the humilties that I went through in this place.

Good Coworkers, Unsatisfactory Leadership/HR

Current Employee - Food Clerk in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Food Clerk in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Meijer part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, job feels pretty stable here. Although I began when I was in highschool, and through college now, I like that they are willing to work around my school schedule, knowing that school always comes first.

Cons

Definite favoritism, passive-agressive discriminatory behaviour, I don't feel comfortable talking to management, aside from my team leader. There could certainly be better business practices here.

Reform your leadership on how they treat their subordinates, please.

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer