A view from the bottom

Current Employee - Journeyman Meatcutter  in  Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Journeyman Meatcutter in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for, the people of very friendly and there are definitely opportunities if one applies oneself and works hard. They offer benefits for part-time workers which is a lot more than most companies and it sure beats working for government.

Cons

not so far at this time

Provide leadership training to all team leaders and managers, as a retired naval officer I believe that everyone will benefit from leadership not only the company but the workers too.

Other Reviews for Meijer

Electronics member

Former Employee - Electronics  in  Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Electronics in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Meijer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back as long as you get your work done. Management can be easy to work with depending on your department

Cons

Difficult to have your schedule changed. Other than that i would have stayed with them longer.

Be more understanding with student schedules.

Bad place where Employees get treated like dirt.

Current Employee - Utility Worker  in  Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Utility Worker in Portage, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some friendly Co-workers, Family members work there too.

Cons

LOTS AND LOTS of hate and disrespect everywhere. You do backbreaking work in one department namely receiving then they send you to Cart Pusher with no hope of getting back your $8.75 pay an hour being stuck at $8.25 an hour for max seniority at Cart Pusher. They push alot of work onto you while others in the same department are slacking off and chit chatting. Lot of behind the back talk everywhere in the place and the leaders are nothing but disrespect-able people. If you looking for a quick job this is it. but I suggest not staying here in the long run Esp. if it's the Shaver Road Meijer.
     They THREATEN you to do a task that you are not trained / entitled to do if not they will fire you on the spot.

Treat your seniors with respect and treat everyone fairly...If not more bad word is spreading everywhere and even if I lose this job I will spread the word about all the injustice and the humilties that I went through in this place.

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer.

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!