Electronics member

Former Employee - Electronics  in  Plainfield, IL
Former Employee - Electronics in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Meijer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back as long as you get your work done. Management can be easy to work with depending on your department

Cons

Difficult to have your schedule changed. Other than that i would have stayed with them longer.

Be more understanding with student schedules.

Other Reviews for Meijer

Bad place where Employees get treated like dirt.

Current Employee - Utility Worker  in  Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Utility Worker in Portage, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some friendly Co-workers, Family members work there too.

Cons

LOTS AND LOTS of hate and disrespect everywhere. You do backbreaking work in one department namely receiving then they send you to Cart Pusher with no hope of getting back your $8.75 pay an hour being stuck at $8.25 an hour for max seniority at Cart Pusher. They push alot of work onto you while others in the same department are slacking off and chit chatting. Lot of behind the back talk everywhere in the place and the leaders are nothing but disrespect-able people. If you looking for a quick job this is it. but I suggest not staying here in the long run Esp. if it's the Shaver Road Meijer.
     They THREATEN you to do a task that you are not trained / entitled to do if not they will fire you on the spot.

Treat your seniors with respect and treat everyone fairly...If not more bad word is spreading everywhere and even if I lose this job I will spread the word about all the injustice and the humilties that I went through in this place.

A day in life of a deli worker

Former Employee - Deli Clerk  in  Traverse City, MI
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Meijer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I had fun meeting and working with people. I would say most of my retail and customer experience has come from being an employee. I would however recommend that if you think of working here, that you loose your common sense because you won't need it here.

Cons

The normal work drag. Long hours, low pay and no appreciation for what you have done by the upper level people.

Get a hold of your people and tell them to work with each other and not fight with one another.

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer.

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!