There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

retail

Current Employee - SALES CLERK
Current Employee - SALES CLERK

I have been working at Meijer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Has a union with great stewards. Provides a safe and and clean eniviroment to work in. I am lucky enough to have a good manager.

Cons

The customer is always right, even when being dishonest.They never back their workers and it's very sad.

It starts at the top. Lead by example.

599 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

Went from okay to bad very fast.

Current Employee - Clerk  in  Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Clerk in Warren, MI

I have been working at Meijer for less than a year

Pros

Weekly paycheck. There really aren't any other pros that I can think of at the moment other than the people I work with are friendly.

Cons

We went from having a more or less good group of managers to not even having a GM area manager for over a month. You get pulled off of your assigned job to cashier for as many as three hours on a six hour shift. Of course they then expect you to do returns and get your department conditioned and then get on you if you don't. We are always under staffed, sometimes having as few as four cashiers and only two associates to cover the entire GM area. I don't see things improving anytime soon.

Get a clue as to what is really going on in your stores. As it is right now, no one wants to be there.

Eight unpleasant years for Meijer.

Current Employee - Photo Tech  in  Commerce, MI
    Current Employee - Photo Tech in Commerce, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Easy to get a job there. Employees are friendly.

Cons

Absolutely no communication between employees and team leaders. Management will only follow store policy and process if it is in their favor. Beware of favoritism.

If you treat your employees with respect and have an over all happy demeanor then that will trickle down the line to your customers. You will have happier employees and customers which makes for a better business.

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!