Meijer

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

Usually Willing to Help

Current Employee - Food Clerk in Standale, MI
Current Employee - Food Clerk in Standale, MI

I have been working at Meijer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Union provides job security while you work with management. Management tends to work well with employees who show a desire to do good work.

Cons

The union protects workers that should have been fired, much of the incompetence comes from unions protecting bad employees. Union contract prevents merit raises.

Be frank with us. Not sugar coating advice makes it easier to take in.

657 Other Employee Reviews for Meijer (View Most Recent)

Meijer is a good job for a college student

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Essexville, MI
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Essexville, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The biggest pro is there is a union and you are guaranteed raises. Part-time employees can get medical, dental and vision insurance (which is decent).

Cons

Terrible shift start times "4 a.m. is first shift" in the produce department at the Meijer I work at. They don't have a good reward or incentive program for employees. The extreme emphasis of Micro management of employees is also bad.

Create an actual incentive/ reward program for your employees; also cut back on the amount of Micro management.

Went from okay to bad very fast.

Current Employee - Clerk in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Clerk in Warren, MI

I have been working at Meijer (less than an year)

Pros

Weekly paycheck. There really aren't any other pros that I can think of at the moment other than the people I work with are friendly.

Cons

We went from having a more or less good group of managers to not even having a GM area manager for over a month. You get pulled off of your assigned job to cashier for as many as three hours on a six hour shift. Of course they then expect you to do returns and get your department conditioned and then get on you if you don't. We are always under staffed, sometimes having as few as four cashiers and only two associates to cover the entire GM area. I don't see things improving anytime soon.

Get a clue as to what is really going on in your stores. As it is right now, no one wants to be there.

There are newer employer reviews for Meijer