Meijer

www.meijer.com

Despite union catoring to those who want to only show up, is a good place to work

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI started working there as something to do while I was laid off and my benefits had run out. They are all about putting people to work. From the little time I have spent there I have discovered that my store actually values the people who work and pull their weight and will do there best to get rid of the ones who will not. There are a few stragglers and hangers on but overall it is a good place to work if you are a hard worker.

ConsUnion is set-up to protect the seniority of "warm bodies" it attracts some less then stellar talent who are only looking to do the minumum and get paid. Training is an area that needs some work, I think there expectations are high and they need to give more support to employees so that they have an easier time in meeting those expectations. An e-learning style of training just isn't as effective as a one on one/face to face training session.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to reduce turnover spend more time on recruiting and training new employees so the new hire learning curve is not so steep!

My daily task were to serve customers lunch meat and pasta salads at the deli counter.

Deli Clerk (Former Employee) Shelby, MI

I worked at Meijer

Pros: Working with other people made the day go by faster. Cons: Upper level management and line and floor leaders were rude. No room for growth in the company… Advice to Senior Management: Treat the employees a little nicer. They are the heart and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Meijer Team Leader

Team Leader (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Meijer

Pros: Meijer is a good place to work, they are flexible with scheduling and the… Cons: The promotional opportunities are limited due, to the amount of stores compared to wal mart… Advice to Senior Management: As with most retailers, a positive attitude and company first… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Meijer.

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!