Melmark

Job Not a Career

Former Employee - Applied Behavioral Analysis Counselor in Berwyn, PA
Former Employee - Applied Behavioral Analysis Counselor in Berwyn, PA

I worked at Melmark

Pros

Melmark has an excellent reputation within the educational community. The work they do there is indispensable. You can get hired with little experience as long as you have a strong educational background or a strong desire to work with developmentally disabled people. Salary begins relatively high. Most employees and management are younger making it a possibility to move up quicker than other companies. Melmark is a great step up forward for your career.

Cons

Staff injury is a daily occurrence, if you can get over that there are still more cons to consider. If you work in Residential you have to work a double (7am-11pm) once a week, and it's usually Saturday or a Sunday. The staff tend to have cliques. If you aren't in the "in crowd" your day can be even more difficult. Counselors are expected to be very detailed and almost error-free, but the management is messy and disorganized themselves. Everybody is overworked.

Please don't stop by for a visit, instead work a full shift or two to know what it's really like. Eliminate the doubles so we can do our job properly.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Melmark (View Most Recent)

great place to work

I have been working at Melmark

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of special needs individuals.

Cons

Staff drama and bullying. Favoritism for incompetent staff members.

Continue to emphasize teamwork. Discipline those who are not treating everyone, staff and clients, with a positive attitude.

Having a Great time working for this company

Current Employee - Instructor in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at Melmark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to advance your career, fellow works seem to show a great interest in caring for the clients here. Benefits are some of the best.

Cons

Considering I like this company very much I don't have many cons about it. the snow in the area, when it does snow, is a pretty big con.

There are newer employer reviews for Melmark