Melmark
www.melmark.org Berwyn, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Job Not a Career

Applied Behavioral Analysis Counselor (Former Employee)
Berwyn, PA

ProsMelmark has an excellent reputation within the educational community. The work they do there is indispensable. You can get hired with little experience as long as you have a strong educational background or a strong desire to work with developmentally disabled people. Salary begins relatively high. Most employees and management are younger making it a possibility to move up quicker than other companies. Melmark is a great step up forward for your career.

ConsStaff injury is a daily occurrence, if you can get over that there are still more cons to consider. If you work in Residential you have to work a double (7am-11pm) once a week, and it's usually Saturday or a Sunday. The staff tend to have cliques. If you aren't in the "in crowd" your day can be even more difficult. Counselors are expected to be very detailed and almost error-free, but the management is messy and disorganized themselves. Everybody is overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't stop by for a visit, instead work a full shift or two to know what it's really like. Eliminate the doubles so we can do our job properly.

Wonderfully rewarding place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Melmark

Pros: Clients, Educational opportunities, Beautiful campus Cons: I cannot think of anything. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good

Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee)
    Berwyn, PA

I worked at Melmark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Multicultural training grand for all... Cons: A place to learn and personal development..... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Melmark.

Worked for Melmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Melmark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Melmark CEO Joanne Gillis-Donovan. All reviews posted anonymously by Melmark employees.