There are newer employer reviews for Meltwater Group

A great platform to build a B2B sales career

Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You're thrown in the deep end with a sink or swim mentality - if you're a natural salesperson with strong commercial instincts & thick skin you could do very well

It can be lucrative & the people below senior management level are often great

Cons

Poor senior management with a very telling lack of experience, unstable product, the culture can be very cult-like with a lack of self-reflection & no tolerance for straying from the part line.

Employ experienced senior sales people externally, re-think the satellite office structure & try and re-jig the culture to be less weird.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Meltwater Group (View Most Recent)

My short time at meltwater

Former Employee - International Management Trainee
    Former Employee - International Management Trainee

I worked at Meltwater Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool office. Small teams. Good co-workers. Good first month commission.

Cons

Cult like culture. 100% sales focused. Definitely not management training. Target focused.
    If you weren't a team player your out. Its Meltwater way or nothing. Forget everything you know once you get there to succeed best

Change your structure. Remove focus on targets. Encourage creativity. Stop thinking that your way is the best. The competitive nature of your business is degrading and counter-intuitive to your work

Want to learn how to sell - Meltwater is a breading ground for talented sales people but only if you have the drive!

Former Employee - Managing Director in Canterbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Canterbury, England (UK)

I worked at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clever and relatively stable SAAS product which is easy to sell. Freedom and uncapped commission was great, I had several months that I worked hard and earned over £5000 gross. Although it was "hard core" sales, it was a supportive and creative working environment that allowed me and many other people, new to sales, to learn and develop our basic business skills.

I never met anybody at Meltwater that I did not enjoy working with, most employees are young and talented and although many find out that a career in outbound deskbased sales is not for them and leave, there are also many that go on to be given the opportunity to manage a team which is an extremely valuable opportunity to have at such a early time in your career.

Cons

Lack of formal training was the only downside, the quality of day to day training and development was solely dependant on the Sales Director that was managing that office, by nature, some of the Sales Directors were drivers of productivity, others were better people developers.

Be prepared to take ownership for your own develop if you work at Meltwater (which is not a bad thing if you are naturally a motivated person).

Training for the SM's and MD's is essential, teach them how to coach properly rather than just drive productivity and you would see much greater results in the UK. Simple!

There are newer employer reviews for Meltwater Group