Meltwater Group

www.meltwater.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meltwater Group

A great platform to build a B2B sales career

Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You're thrown in the deep end with a sink or swim mentality - if you're a natural salesperson with strong commercial instincts & thick skin you could do very well

It can be lucrative & the people below senior management level are often great

Cons

Poor senior management with a very telling lack of experience, unstable product, the culture can be very cult-like with a lack of self-reflection & no tolerance for straying from the part line.

Employ experienced senior sales people externally, re-think the satellite office structure & try and re-jig the culture to be less weird.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Meltwater Group (View Most Recent)

Want to learn how to sell - Meltwater is a breading ground for talented sales people but only if you have the drive!

Former Employee - Managing Director in Canterbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Canterbury, England (UK)

I worked at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clever and relatively stable SAAS product which is easy to sell. Freedom and uncapped commission was great, I had several months that I worked hard and earned over £5000 gross. Although it was "hard core" sales, it was a supportive and creative working environment that allowed me and many other people, new to sales, to learn and develop our basic business skills.

I never met anybody at Meltwater that I did not enjoy working with, most employees are young and talented and although many find out that a career in outbound deskbased sales is not for them and leave, there are also many that go on to be given the opportunity to manage a team which is an extremely valuable opportunity to have at such a early time in your career.

Cons

Lack of formal training was the only downside, the quality of day to day training and development was solely dependant on the Sales Director that was managing that office, by nature, some of the Sales Directors were drivers of productivity, others were better people developers.

Be prepared to take ownership for your own develop if you work at Meltwater (which is not a bad thing if you are naturally a motivated person).

Training for the SM's and MD's is essential, teach them how to coach properly rather than just drive productivity and you would see much greater results in the UK. Simple!

Great place to understand business and sales

Current Employee - Strategic Accounts
    Current Employee - Strategic Accounts

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For those who are successful a very easy path to senior leadership
    Management experience
    Working with the tech team in building products and upgrades
    Great account management experience

Cons

Sales isn't the best job for everyone

Focus more on developing businessmen and not just salesmen

There are newer employer reviews for Meltwater Group