There are newer employer reviews for Memorial Hermann Healthcare

MHHS is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Healthcare

Pros

Diversified and recession proof employment.

Cons

The Medical Center is a maze.

Communicate with the worker bees more.

reviews filtered by

Not a good place for non medical staff employees.

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Memorial Hermann Healthcare

Pros

I enjoyed the 4 weeks of vacation.

Cons

I worked in the business office. I found it extremely hard to advance my career within the system & eventally had to leave in order to do so. Side note I do have a bachelor degree. The insurance is expensive with high copays and the sad thing is that the insurance is Memorial own insurance.

For the management in the business office I would say treat people with the same respect you would want to be treated. Help employees advance their careers within the system. Dan Wolterman is only concerned with competing with Memorial's competitors and he is forgetting about how to take of the employees.

Happy employees make happy patients

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Healthcare

Pros

The people I work with are absolutely the best! Everyone lends a helping hand and considerate of patient loads and critical needs. Everyone has their input of expertise which helps tremendously.

Cons

Benefits are terrible, improvements in the hospital only make the hospital look good and not the actual staff. Administration changes rules everyday and the staff has difficulty adjusting. More and more responsibilities are accruing without opportunities for a raise or benefit. A job well done is only compensated with a 'good job' letter. I know that all companies have problems like these everywhere but to strive to make it a better place for the employees would help.

Although Memorial Hermann is a well respected and very modern for our day, what would make the hospital even better is if not only the customer was treated right, but also the employee. A happy employee makes a happy patient any day! The happier the patient... the better for Memorial Hermann.

There are newer employer reviews for Memorial Hermann Healthcare