There are newer employer reviews for Memorial Hermann Healthcare

I worked for Memorial Hermann for over 9 years, and I loved my job and bosses.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant to Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer of WorkLink in Houston, TX

I worked at Memorial Hermann Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are excellent and you are treated like family.

Cons

According to where you work, the parking can be a problem.

Advice to Management

Sometime changes are good.

Other Employee Reviews for Memorial Hermann Healthcare

Challenging but rewarding with the right leadership

Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Memorial Hermann Healthcare full-time

Pros

Large healthcare system with ample opportunity to advance, if provided the right environment

Cons

Leadership, at the level below the executive suite, at the Texas Medical Center campus tend burn out very quickly and the turnover is extremely high. Good, competent leaders are groomed but given too much work to be successful over a long term period, and burnout occurs. Turnover in many of the management positions is close to 70-80% over a 18-24 month period. It's generally accepted that you'll be paid competitively but will need to sacrifice work/life balance in order to remain at the organization. There's a mix of very good and very bad executives at the campus, with the highest turnover associated in areas managed by the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Human Resources Officer. The HR Department has turned over its staff several times, over the course of the last 7-10 years, as a result of the Chief HR Officer. Retention in the leadership roles within HR is extremely poor, with many choosing to leave voluntarily due to the poisonous environment. The organization is financially very healthy but runs very lean, with respect to both capital and human resources.

Advice to Management

Hold leaders accountable for poor retention; conduct exit interviews, to determine the real reason for turnover

Average, if benefits were better & matched system's size it would be awesome

Current Employee - CT Technologist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CT Technologist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Memorial Hermann Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Higher salary than other hospitals in the area. A lot of employee appreciation at the location I work at, though it's it like this everywhere in the system.

Cons

Horrible benefits compared to other hospitals in the area, especially considering they are the largest hospital system in Texas. Our insurance costs a lot & we still have a lot of out of picket costs, plus we can only go to Hermann facilities or doctors. Many employees don't want to be restricted like that & no other hospital system in the area has insurance that requires that.

Advice to Management

Match PTO, holidays, insurance coverage, etc. to other similar hospitals in the area. That is the biggest complaint I hear from co-workers. We have horrible benefits for being such a large company with 22,000 employees. In the past we had an option of choosing a non-Memorial Hermann insurance plan (Aetna vs MHealth, which is Hermann's own plan). This made things a lot better because we were not restricted to only Hermann facilities & physicians.