Memorial Sloan-Kettering

RVC Location - Managers run it into the ground

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Rockville Centre, NY
Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Rockville Centre, NY

I worked at Memorial Sloan-Kettering full-time

Pros

corporate benefits, tuition reimbursement, set 9-5 hours in general, the chance to help patients a bit

Cons

most Med Onc doctors are nasty and unappreciative, management is terrible - no rewards for good work (praise, recognition or god forbid a raise, like they get in the Commack location), no respect for CSRs from either management or doctors, NO room for transfer or growth; they will block workers from transferring to the city or other locations despite HR claiming that's a great possibility. There was a good manager for some time but she left on medical leave and made it so she never had to return; she obviously knew what kind of place this was. Every month we were told she would be back in a month, until 6 months went by and it was clear they finally needed to replace her. Dysfunctional to the max.

Replace yourself because you clearly don't care. If you are capable of actually making changes, you should recognize the employees that actually do a good job. There's enough negativity in the business, you don't need to add to it.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Memorial Sloan-Kettering (View Most Recent)

Time to move on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan-Kettering full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are good thats just about it.

Cons

Not much room to grow, they only care about the nurses, like they the one doing everything. Too much politics. It not what you know but by who you know. If you want to work where you can grow thus may not be the place for you.

Yeah ok like they really listen.

All the hassles of a not-for-profit and none of the benefits

Current Employee - Administrative Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Memorial Sloan-Kettering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people themselves are amazing to work with--most of them are very smart and motivated, at least on the clinical side.

Cons

Where to begin? The administration is scattered and HR is a joke. Each department is run like its own little kingdom. When I interviewed, I took a huge pay cut but was promised normal working hours and tons of vacation time. 2 years in and I've never been able to take off more than the occasional long weekend; I have to take "junk" days just to keep my vacation bank from being full. Also, no sign of a raise or promotion in site. I'm looking elsewhere.

Take more responsibility for the promotion of your people. Make HR more accountable and less "corporate BS-y"

There are newer employer reviews for Memorial Sloan-Kettering