There are newer employer reviews for MemorialCare Health System

A tough place to work for the tender-hearted!

Current Employee - Nurse
Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at MemorialCare Health System full-time

Pros

Decent pay, great hours, friendly co-workers (some), company reputation among the community.

Cons

Too much gossip among management and unprofessional "harassing" management skills. They basically sabotage employees growth and development giving them poor performance reviews preventing individual growth and development and chances for promotion. There is a sorority-like environment where you are "in" one week and "out" the next. Too much like high school! There has even been instances of borderline racism

Think before you speak and make unfair/unjust assessments based upon gossip and "he said/she said". Stop with the "bipolar" management stating how you are a horrible person one day and the best darned person on the face of the planet the next.

reviews filtered by

Work here only if you have to

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at MemorialCare Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a job to get a paycheck. Most of the doctors are good here. The training here is not formal. The computer system is ancient.

Cons

The management need to improve. Employees do not have room to grow with the company. Management here is unprofessional. Write ups will happen a lot; the management does not try to assess a situation to determine the validity before a write up.

Stay positive. Be good to employees so they will be good to you. When a problem arises it should be addressed immediately.

2. Great place to work, they REALLY care about their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at MemorialCare Health System

Pros

I have never worked a place that I felt like cared about me so much. I really feel valued at this company.

Cons

The cafeteria could use a little work in atmosphere, variety of food choices, and time of day open.

Thank you so much for your dedication to the health, well-being, career growth, and development of your employees. I value my experience working here.

There are newer employer reviews for MemorialCare Health System