There are newer employer reviews for Men's Wearhouse

A wonderful work environment!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Men's Wearhouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great loyalty to employees. Lot of promotion from within opportunities. They still try to make work fun!

Cons

Distance- I worked at the corporate office, and it was just too long a commute.

Please keep up the great environment and don't go tooooo systems oriented.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Men's Wearhouse (View Most Recent)

Fun Job! Great People! Opportunities for Growth

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate (CSA)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate (CSA)

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You wear a coat and tie everyday, which makes you at least feel successful internally. You don't start out at minimum wage and you could be eligible for a raise each year. Internal Job Listing is a definite plus. You get to help dress people for everyday life and even for their weddings... which alleviates some of the stress of having to figure it all out on their own. You aren't viewed by the general public as someone who has a "less than" job, because as you represent the MW, You are the authority on men's fashion and trends.

Cons

People who work at the Men's Wearhouse, generally stay at the Men's Wearhouse, which is really a good thing... But as the new person, it seems more difficult to get ahead without relocating. If you are in a satellite store in a mall, a "tux" store, you could be bored for hours at a time... (which can be a good or bad thing) good: You can read, catch up on school work, even catch up on your favorite shows via your phone. bad: Boredom, or worse, busy work.

I know that the way things are done is supposed to be uniform throughout all Men's Wearhouses. This just isn't the reality. Some stores try-on everything for Tux Rental, which almost eliminates the need for re-orders, but I believe that most stores do not. So I would re-incentivise a low re-order rate. (Reward for good, rather than punish for bad).

Great Company Message, Poor Management Follow Through

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company promotes a great team/family environment in the store. The people we work with, on the most part, are cool and we have fun while at work. TMW offers a pretty good discount on purchases, 401k, discount on company stock and tuition reimbursement. The company has a great message of servant leadership and transparency.

Cons

The "Great Message" doesn't always translate to the store employees. Regional and Store managers have their own take on how they want to run the show- "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. Not a great way to gain respect as leaders. They don't train staff because of fear they will mess something up. If thats the case, you probably hired the wrong person in the first place. As a wardrobe consultant, your pay is $5/hr plus commission, so it sucks to have to work 40+ hours a week during the known slow times to make up for the lack of staffing in the rental area, where you make NO commission. Depending on your mgr, scheduling can be difficult. No set schedule and may jump through hoops to get a weekend, vacation or extra day off.

Trust in your employee's abilities to do the job for which they were hired. Promote the vision on which the company was founded- SERVANT LEADERSHIP! And please be transparent and straightforward with your employees. If you can do something to make your employees' jobs or lives easier, DO IT!

There are newer employer reviews for Men's Wearhouse

Worked for Men's Wearhouse? Contribute to the Community!