There are newer employer reviews for Menards

very underwhelming

Former Employee - Management Trainee in West Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Management Trainee in West Fargo, ND

I worked at Menards

Pros

Decent starting wage and good retail experience.

Cons

It's a dead end unless you want to work a horrible schedule and kiss management ass until they one day fire you for things out of your control.

Quit lying about how great of an opportunity it is, and make sure employees know most of their money will come through bonuses

reviews filtered by
  1. The joys of working at Menards.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN

I have been working at Menards

Pros

flexible work hours and the people you work with are great. The company also has a profit sharing program and health benifits.

Cons

Pay is below par and the opertunity to advance is there however it means you must relocate every few years to advance.

Just because you enjoy working 60 plus hours a week dosent mean everyone else does. Help out instead of point at what needs to be done.

Not a good work experience

Former Employee - Morning Stocker in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Morning Stocker in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Menards

Pros

Some of the people I worked with seemed very nice and friendly.

Cons

Management DOES NOT provide adequate training for positons(at least not in my case).Relying on other employees and online home training IS NOT an effecient way of training employees to do an exceptional job.When I was interviewed for this position I asked the managers if training was provided and they jokingly (or so I thought at the time)that it was a "sink of swim "situation!It certainly was!

Please offer better training to your employees who are just starting at your place of business .I realize online in home training my be more cost effective but in the long run the more capable and confident your employees feel the more sales will result as well as overall job satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Menards