Menards

There are newer employer reviews for Menards

Improvement needed

Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Saint Cloud, MN
Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Menards full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, nearly unlimited hours/overtime during busy season, profit sharing,

Cons

Very restrictive: Taking a meal break longer than 35 minutes results in punishment.

No consideration given to existing freight/overstock levels before sending more freight. "Good deal buys" often result in having much more freight on hand than room to store.

Despite their claims about how confidentiality is important, store management and human resources desks are out in the open, accessible to any employee who happens to walk by...a lot of confidential employee documents left in the open until management finds the time to lock them up.

Keeping payroll tight is so important that we are often left without enough staff to do our jobs effectively. Often the customer or store housekeeping suffers as a result.

As a manager, I rarely if ever see my family on weekends because I typically work until store close, often not getting home until 11 pm.

Longer meal breaks, more payroll, take existing freight levels and available storage room into account when sending freight. More flexibility with weekend hours.

709 Other Employee Reviews for Menards (View Most Recent)

Hard job, not satisfying

Current Employee - Morning Stocker Menards in Yorkville, IL
    Current Employee - Morning Stocker Menards in Yorkville, IL

I have been working at Menards part-time (more than an year)

Pros

work leaves day open since job takes place early in the morning. Days are short and good for morning people.

Cons

over working common, not respected by higher ups, advancement seems unlikely. Job makes you feel stressed and over time you feel more and more that you hate your job.

Respect your workers more, stop over working them. realize they are people and they deserve some respect

Very Negative Environment :(

Former Employee - Cashier in Valparaiso, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Valparaiso, IN

I worked at Menards part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good for students, ok pay & profit sharing

Cons

This company is ridiculously strict, with chances of being videotaped at any time (of course to be used against you.) YOU and ANYONE employed there WILL be written up, and several times, for very petty reasons. Management frequently talks down to employees (sometimes over the store-wide walkie talkie system for ll to hear) and lets them know they are easily replaceable, that they think you're annoying them by asking regular questions, and for needing to use the restroom (!). Ugghhhh....I could go on and on and on, but won't. You get the idea......

Treat employees with respect and like PEOPLE. Everyone there is miserable (including you), someone should make an effort to turn things around. With an INSANE turnover rate, it's clear that something's wrong there.

There are newer employer reviews for Menards