Menards

There are newer employer reviews for Menards

sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Menards full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ability to work as a lot of hours and make overtime also IPS every year

Cons

Its retail so you work a lot of hours and every holiday. You make money not through weekly check but to through bonuses.

709 Other Employee Reviews for Menards (View Most Recent)

Great retail job. Some people stay for life, but I don't intend to.

Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Menards part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Other employees
    Flexible schedule (for part timers)
    Get schedule 2 weeks in advance
    Lots of room for advancement, more so if you are willing to move

Cons

Retail hours
    Lots of cleaning when not busy (again, just retail)
    Culture of each store is different so some stores are better than others to work for

With rapid expansion we need more distribution centers and to hold Menard vendors more accountable (especially for special orders).

The truth about Menards employees

Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at Menards full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment . You can learn a lot about home improvement project, product knowledge and do it your self project.

Cons

Low payment rates. Long hours shifts, especially on weekends. Most of the time don't allow 8hours off work between shifts. It only shows on paper but the reality is during summer time you leave the store after midnight and most part of the time have to came back at 6:30 am. It is no balance between work and family, you can't have a personal life if you are a full time employee at Menards, especially general managers. Some times management doesn't know how to manage the store. Menards have a morning stock program but some times trucks arrive at the store full of freight after 9:00 pm and we have to start putting up freight until midnight and some times up to past 1:15 am. I understand the store need to be clean and Dpt face up before we leave every night but there is no reason to keep people that late when we have a morning stock crew. In this case Menards should create a 3 shift. Full time team members working for the company over 10 years doesn't make more than $12.00/hour and Dpt Mgr with more than 15 years of experience at Menards making less than $15.00/hour. You can't say You spent 15 years of your life working at Menards and no making $15/hour , you should say you waste 15 years of your life.

Increase payment rates, consider over time after 8 hours shifts and not only after 40 hours a week because some times have days where work 14 hours and next day work 6 hours. There is no balance. Should also consider especial payment for those after midnight shift because it is basically a 3rd shift. Create a 401k program where the company match the employee. Improve health insurance .

There are newer employer reviews for Menards