Menards

www.menards.com

Good job for high schoolers, not my preferred career choice.

Cashier (Current Employee) Hutchinson, MN

Pros-"Decent" pay for retail ($2.50 extra an hour on weekends)
-Work every other weekend instead of all weekends
-Easy to transfer to different stores

I would recommend this job to a high schooler who needs some extra money, but I'm not sure how anyone can support a healthy family in this workplace.

Cons-Inconsistent and over-controlling upper management
-Incentives given to stay that seem great, but aren't really (yearly bonus if you work enough hours, but if they paid us $1 more an hour, we would make more)
-Only Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays off
-Pay tops off for part time at less than a dollar more than a new-hire high school graduate, even if you've worked there for 5+years
-long hours
-high turnover rate from dissatisfied workers

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers do their jobs and make judgements. Don't change the rules every time one person makes a mistake; it gets confusing what you want us to do. Also, why such a huge pay difference between a GM and a FEM. I've been in stores where our FEM does five times the work the GM does. Spread out the pay a little maybe?

There is a common phrase among the lower-paid workers when dealing with angry guests: "I'm not paid enough to deal with this." I'm experienced and would stay with this company longer if I was paid a little more. The second I have an opportunity to leave, I will.

THink twice about working at menards

Account Service Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Menards full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Employee discount of 10%, offers medical and vision insurance, retirement… Cons: No long or short term disability insuraces, bad vacation policy,… Advice to Senior Management: Start treating the employess with respect. Don't insult their intellegence and let them make some decisions - you just might find… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Opportunities for Growth

Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Menards full-time for less than a year

Pros: Able to move up in the company very quickly Plenty of… Cons: Not that great of benefits Lots of overtime Being short staffed due… Advice to Senior Management: Keep providing opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Menards.

Worked for Menards? Contribute to the Community!