Menards

www.menards.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Menards

An exciting company, with great chances for promotion.

Current Employee - Morning Stocker in O'Fallon, IL
Current Employee - Morning Stocker in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at Menards part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at Menards because you get to interact with fellow team members, as well as customers. It is a great opportunity to work on your people skills, while getting a light workout at the same time.

Cons

With working with team members, there is the issue of who does too much work, and who doesn't do nearly enough. This happens everywhere, but those that are there simply for the paycheck seem to just stand there and not do much. Guests can also be a problem; we are still a relatively new store, so we don't know where everything is, especially if it is not in the home department.

Ensure that departments are properly manned when stores are expected to be busy, especially during weekends; recently, I was in two departments and unable to find a team member for guest assistance in either. There were three team members between the two "on the clock" including one assistant manager.

792 Other Employee Reviews for Menards (View Most Recent)

Long hours, very draining at times

Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager

I have been working at Menards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company if you are looking to advance, Good job security, profit sharing

Cons

Long hours, must move for advancement, takes forever to build up vacation time,

Good pay but you pay for it

Former Employee - Commercial/Contractor Account Service Manager in Johnson Creek, WI

I worked at Menards full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment, promotion opportunities, wide range of product sales opportunities, stable organization

Cons

Not family oriented, typical retail environment, poor general office support, culture of fear

They need to join the 21st century with their management techniques. Many people in management are terrible people and do not have any leadership training or abilitiy

There are newer employer reviews for Menards