There are newer employer reviews for Menards

Decent Second Job

Former Employee - Morning Stocker Menards in Champaign, IL
Former Employee - Morning Stocker Menards in Champaign, IL

I worked at Menards part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offered a weekend bonus for working weekend hours. The bonus was per hour. They offered decent benefits for even part time employees. They also offered discounts on merchandise but was limited to the amount of your paycheck. The hours were 5-9am so it did not interfere with my weekend schedule too much other than I was tired by the end of the day.

Cons

Limited Pay and advancement. Retail Job. But not bad for second job.

672 Other Employee Reviews for Menards (View Most Recent)

Okay

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at Menards as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great expierence, decent pay, full time developers were very helpful, good stepping stone to another internship.

Cons

Seemed unprepared for us to start and we sat around doing nothing much of the time, had too high of expections for interns

Bad place to work

Former Employee - Morning Stocker
    Former Employee - Morning Stocker

I worked at Menards part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They take anyone just about and they start helping you but that will end shortly. In Home Trainings is easy.

Cons

Once you report something you will get written up for rumors that happened to me twice and General Managers do not take complaints seriously. Poor management wanted to move up in the company after completion of Preparing for Advancement and 27 In Home trainings got no answer and one of my Managers kept getting me suspended so I got ran out of the store and quit before he got me fired. I did not want to leave the company and am trying to get back in the company. Also safety hazards

Have every store get graded by Team Members of that store judging how their General Managers are I can almost guarantee that you will be surprised at what you see General Managers don't listen to Team Members complaints or comments.

There are newer employer reviews for Menards