There are newer employer reviews for Menards

Hourly Sales Associate

Former Employee - Hourly in Hodgkins, IL
Former Employee - Hourly in Hodgkins, IL

I worked at Menards part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Boss was nice, hours were reasonable. I was able to move around alot and go outside regulary as I was in the lumber department. The people shopping in the store were decent. For what the job was I couldent complain.

Cons

Working weekends and occasional 5 AM shifts. The position was part time so benifits probably would not be expected but there was nothing special there. There was alot of standing involved on the job as well.

Managment seems fine.

672 Other Employee Reviews for Menards (View Most Recent)

Great Advancement Opportunity

Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Menards part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They allow overtime at any position
    Tons of advancement opportunity
    Promote from within

I have worked for Menards for over 4 years, and held many positions in the store, including two management positions. This is a great company to work for if you don't mind the schedule.

Cons

Schedule, you work nights and weekends
    Retail Industry

One of the best retail experiences I've had

I worked at Menards part-time

Pros

High starting wage. I worked at two different stores (after a move) and one was better than the other in terms of flexibility. I am a dependable and competent worker so I tend to have better experiences in retail than some coworkers. If you're reliable, you'll get the better schedule. Rarely did you have to stay late (maybe the day before Thanksgiving..) as to be expected to prepare for Black Friday.

Cons

Not enough training for specialized departments. They offer video on-line training which is tied into raises, but you should be paid to do those training sessions.

Train, train, train. I can't tell you how many times I went to Menards as a customer and just shook my head at the nonsense the employees were making up. Departments such as plumbing, electrical, millwork really need competent, knowledgeable employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Menards