Menards

There are newer employer reviews for Menards

Great employer

Former Employee - Yard Worker in Iowa City, IA
Former Employee - Yard Worker in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Menards part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are willing to teach you for any position. There is also room to move up and grow with the company.

Cons

It was hard for me get days off when going to school because we were short staffed.

everything was great, just make sure managers are ready for their tasks at hand

709 Other Employee Reviews for Menards (View Most Recent)

I loved it

Current Employee - Cabinets and Appliance Team Member in Antioch, IL
    Current Employee - Cabinets and Appliance Team Member in Antioch, IL

I have been working at Menards part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is very competitive for part-time retail, I was hired with a starting salary of $.30 above minimum wage, and raises every six months. The work isn't that hard if you don't mind the occasional irate Guest, and the people in the store are fun to work with.

Cons

Either too few or too many hours; part-timers are always having their hours cut while managers have to work mandatory 44-48 hr minimums, often closing the store and opening the very next day.

Change management's scheduling to allow for more sleep, cap hours at 40, and hire more employees.

Has it's ups and downs

I have been working at Menards

Pros

Great place to meet people, and a pretty relaxed environment. Discount is okay, the profit sharing is worth waiting for, and there is room to grow if you're willing to travel. They really work with you and help you with scheduling if needed.

Cons

Not a very challenging or rewarding job, and you almost have to travel when trying to move up in the company. If you are management, it's almost a requirement or you get demoted. It's almost impossible to get fired, you really have to try or just not show up at all. Management can be fickle, and not always professional. Benefits are laughable, and not even worth it if you're part-time. Regular retail hours.

Have better benefits for part-time employees and treat people like people.

There are newer employer reviews for Menards