Menchie's

menchies.com
  menchies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Menchie's

Mindless job, good pay for the work

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Winter Park, FL
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Menchie's

Pros

-Very flexible scheduling for college students
-Managers are open to feedback from employees

Cons

-Not much upward mobility.
-Since the job is menial, it attracts a lot of lazy, unprofessional co-workers. Managers, for the most part, do a good job getting rid of them.
-Customers at my location were on average rude and unappreciative. Too many teenagers.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Menchie's (View Most Recent)

Horrible management

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Port Moody, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Port Moody, BC (Canada)

I worked at Menchie's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training was really great and professional, they sent people all the way from the Toronto head office to help train us.
    Menchie's is a great environment to work in (if you like people & kids and don't mind horrible management that is), and the work hours are flexible.
    Perfect part time job for high school teens to gain experience, and you get free yogurt at the end of every shift.

Cons

Management was HORRIBLE. (Maybe it was just at my store, but I'm sure there are better managers out there.)
    They tell you to be happy & smile all the time in front of customers, but I wish customers knew how unvalued we really are behind closed doors. We get no benefits, and you do way more than you should for the pay you get. Work is repetitive and gets dull after a while. Again, management sucked, maybe it's because our GM let 2 little girls who just graduated from high school become store managers. Lots of gossiping in the back office, it felt like high school again. When they didn't like a team member, they wouldn't even give off a warning OR even bother to fire them. They would just send out next week's schedule by not giving them a single shift and forcing them to quit (while everyone else has 3 or 4 shifts). In my opinion that is very unprofessional and immature. As a key holder, the managers didn't bother telling me that the store got a new lock on our doors, so I got locked out of work one morning. Manager was too embarrassed to admit it was her fault so she just blamed everything back on me and did what she does best, sent out next week's schedule without giving me a single shift, so I quit. I know that on an episode of undercover bosses, they made their company look like it was sooo good to their employees, but that's all just a part of marketing and advertising their company to get more customers. I've gone out of my way so many times to help the store become successful, but behind closed doors you are not valued at all! Horrible management because it's a franchise and they ONLY care about making money.

Head office needs to keep their store managers in check. Too much high school drama in the back office because our GM decided to make two high school girls our store managers. And cutting someone's shifts completely with no valid reason is not a professional way to dismiss an employee.

Good intro to food industry but not much growth

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Menchie's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn a lot about yogurt/fruit prep, payment transactions, general cleaning, family friendly

Cons

Not much hours if not during busy period (summers), also had to open/close alone a few times which can get very hectic as there's a lot to do, never saw the bosses so had to basically train myself

There are newer employer reviews for Menchie's