Menorah Medical Center

www.menorahmedicalcenter.com
  www.menorahmedicalcenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Menorah Medical Center

Probably a good company, but needs help making new hires successful and welcome.

Former Employee - Staff RN in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Staff RN in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Menorah Medical Center

Pros

It's part of a larger corporation that has a good benefit package and many opportunities.

Cons

Work on your training/orientation of new employees. I received the WORST orientation period ever and was left to care for patients on my own before I was ready. I felt like my license could be in jeopardy and I left each night wanting to cry because I felt so overwhelmed. My supervisor was not accessible to discuss the issues with. If I had been a new grad, I would have probably left the nursing profession after that experience!

Make nurse/employee retention and advancement a priority.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Menorah Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Your Job Is What You Make of It

Current Employee - Reigstered Nurse
    Current Employee - Reigstered Nurse

I have been working at Menorah Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*Coworkers are hardworking.
    *Nurses can be unionized (although there is not strong number of employees who are unionized
    at this time).
    *Physicians are most of the time courteous and collaborate with other staff.

Cons

*Max out their nursing staff on a consistent basis. I started, and I was promised I would have only have a five patient to nurse ratio. Currently and consistently, I have had a six to one ratio, with a PCT who takes a total of 12 patients.
    *A lot of agency staff is not adequately trained. They are usually just pushed onto the floor.
    *Due to the area we serve, I have never seen so many people dissatisfied with care yelling at nurses in the hallways countless times, when most places would allow for security to escort this person out of the premises. Instead, they allow the person to stay.

They always tell their staff to deliver on promises to the patients. They need to follow in like to their employees.

wonderful working relationship,

I have been working at Menorah Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

layout of facility exceptional, variety of services excellent

Cons

HR does not listen to the whole story from employee, should talk to manager before forming opinilon.

Managers are awesome, need to hire all new HR

There are newer employer reviews for Menorah Medical Center