Menorah Medical Center

www.menorahmedicalcenter.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Menorah Medical Center

Probably a good company, but needs help making new hires successful and welcome.

Former Employee - Staff RN in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Staff RN in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Menorah Medical Center

Pros

It's part of a larger corporation that has a good benefit package and many opportunities.

Cons

Work on your training/orientation of new employees. I received the WORST orientation period ever and was left to care for patients on my own before I was ready. I felt like my license could be in jeopardy and I left each night wanting to cry because I felt so overwhelmed. My supervisor was not accessible to discuss the issues with. If I had been a new grad, I would have probably left the nursing profession after that experience!

Advice to Management

Make nurse/employee retention and advancement a priority.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Your Job Is What You Make of It

Current Employee - Reigstered Nurse
    Current Employee - Reigstered Nurse

I have been working at Menorah Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Coworkers are hardworking. *Nurses can be unionized (although there is not strong number of employees who are unionized at this time). *Physicians are most of the time courteous and collaborate with other staff.

Cons

*Max out their nursing staff on a consistent basis. I started, and I was promised I would have only have a five patient to nurse ratio. Currently and consistently, I have had a six to one ratio, with a PCT who takes a total of 12 patients. *A lot of agency staff is not adequately trained. They are usually just pushed onto the floor. *Due to the area we serve, I have never seen so many people dissatisfied with care yelling at nurses in the hallways countless times, when most places would allow for security to escort this person out of the premises. Instead, they allow the person to stay.

Advice to Management

They always tell their staff to deliver on promises to the patients. They need to follow in like to their employees.

2. PRN now Fulltime

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Menorah Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong management support. Radiology has the best support of management I have seen compared to any other hospital I have worked for. Menorah really supports the patient and the CEO is extremely personable. Pro or Con is the Union, depending on how you view it. In my opinion, the union does very little. It will secure a position by seniority.

Cons

I view the union as a con because people with higher seniority will get a position over someone with less seniority even though the one with lesser could have more experience or more competent.