There are newer employer reviews for Mental Health Cooperative

It is a good place to work and gain experience for the future

Current Employee - Disaster Counselor  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Disaster Counselor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Mental Health Cooperative

Pros

They provide a good opportunity to gain experience to use for future employment as they are a well established agency in the community.

Cons

This position has a good salary but no benefits because it is a temporary position. The other positions available pay very little but have benefits.

The group leader does not have management skills and needs to improve sensitivity and not be too defensive when there's feedback provided or comments about the job by team members.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Mental Health Cooperative (View Most Recent)

Great people doing Great work

I have been working at Mental Health Cooperative for more than 3 years

Pros

Doing good work for the community

Cons

Reallly don't have any Con's

Poor management

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Mental Health Cooperative

Pros

My fellow case managers are awesome, mileage reimbursement, helping the consumers, good place to get experience then leave, will hire college grads with no experience

Cons

Completely focused on the numbers and money, not the people with mental illnesses. Poor management. My supervisor is completely incompetent. The case managers are treated like low men on the totem pole nor their opinions of their supervisors valued. Case managers are "replaceable."

Paid time off is a joke, even when you take time off, you are expected to meet your quota. The case managers are expected to do EVERYTHING. My supervisor basically plays on facebook and talks on her phone all day. But if you complain, YOU get in trouble.

The mentality is "do whatever it takes", however, for $25,000 a year I'm not sure what they expect.

My advice is to get experience here and then move on.

Listen to your case managers concerns, try to reward for quality and not quantity, provide incentives for quality, not quantity, give your supervisors a small caseload themselves, take some basic business classes.

There are newer employer reviews for Mental Health Cooperative

Worked for Mental Health Cooperative? Contribute to the Community!