Mental Health Systems

www.mhsinc.org

Great people and company very poor pay

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMHS is very good about promoting from within. There are also may opportunities for training and community involvement.

ConsThe pay flat out sucks. MHS is a non-profit so supposedly can not afford to pay their staff the going market rate. A lot of senior people were promoted from within the company and were promoted too quickly and do not possess the managerial skills needed to be good, productive and consistent managers. Everyone seems to be very scared of breaking the chain of command even when it is not clear what the chain is.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your people in supervisory positions to make decisions and then support the decision. It becomes ridiculous when a letter can't be grammatically corrected without asking the original writer if it is ok to correct it (the is just an example - there are daily instances of this type of micro management obvious is the entire company).

Not the best experience of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mental Health Systems

Pros: helpful to clients and their needs Cons: did not appreciate administrative support No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Mental Health Systems

Counselor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mental Health Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They care about the clients we work with. They provide… Cons: The pay. Not a lot of advancement. Advice to Senior Management: Not going to happened they are hand picked and not always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mental Health Systems.

Worked for Mental Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!