Mentor Graphics

www.mentor.com

Great Company - Old School Approach

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsPersonally, I have had a wonderful experience at Mentor. Working hard and making the right contacts have resulted in job advancement and opportunity (although I hear from others that not everyone is given that opportunity). The campus is beautiful, the benefits are great, and the compensation is good if you make sure to ask for what you are worth. For a person with a family, the work life balance and onsite childcare are absolutely stellar.

ConsIt seems from time to time that Mentor is more about security for employees then pressing everyone to perform. It is frustrating to work besides people who are just comfortable and collecting a paycheck - but as long as you can be personally accountable and self satisfied that can be looked past.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider investing in new employees for new thoughts and ideas. I hate to say it but if you look closely at your ranks there are a number of people who could probably benefit from being shaken up a bit.

Overall pretty good company to work for

QA Software Engineering (Former Employee) Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Mentor Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Of course this depends on your manager and work team but overall I felt Mentor's work environment was great on product development side. It had… Cons: Not a well-defined growth path for QA. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was easy. They look for people skills along with technical skills for AE positions

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mentor Graphics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent pay and GOOD work life balance Cons: Scope for long term career growth is minimum Advice to Senior Management: None No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mentor Graphics.

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!