There are newer employer reviews for Mentor Graphics

Employee friendly company

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Mentor Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great team to work with
good work life balance

Cons

low career growth opportunities
poor bonus plans

270 Other Employee Reviews for Mentor Graphics (View Most Recent)

Great Company - Old School Approach

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Personally, I have had a wonderful experience at Mentor. Working hard and making the right contacts have resulted in job advancement and opportunity (although I hear from others that not everyone is given that opportunity). The campus is beautiful, the benefits are great, and the compensation is good if you make sure to ask for what you are worth. For a person with a family, the work life balance and onsite childcare are absolutely stellar.

Cons

It seems from time to time that Mentor is more about security for employees then pressing everyone to perform. It is frustrating to work besides people who are just comfortable and collecting a paycheck - but as long as you can be personally accountable and self satisfied that can be looked past.

Consider investing in new employees for new thoughts and ideas. I hate to say it but if you look closely at your ranks there are a number of people who could probably benefit from being shaken up a bit.

Overall pretty good company to work for

Former Employee - QA Software Engineering in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - QA Software Engineering in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Mentor Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Of course this depends on your manager and work team but overall I felt Mentor's work environment was great on product development side. It had just the right amount of stress level to keep things interesting and not too much to be overwhelming. I worked with some great coworkers who were committed to delivering quality products and we worked well in an agile environment.
    Pay was fair to good, but had been really lean to non-existent in the last 4-5 years. There is convenient access to top-rated Child Development Center if your kids are young. Great access to the Gym, weight room, classes like yoga, pilates, strength training,etc.

Cons

Not a well-defined growth path for QA.

There are newer employer reviews for Mentor Graphics