Mentor Graphics

www.mentor.com

Nice place to work, but being in the right product group makes all the difference

Technical Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsGreat Wilsonville campus with gym, putting green, walking trails, onsite pre-school and daycare. Family oriented place with 5 weeks of time off and flexible work from home options. Product groups operate independently, so being in a good one makes life good. We had free coffee and soda.

ConsOver the past several years, much of the software development has moved offshore to India and other places to cut costs. Bonuses have been scaled back to rarely pay out, plus stock option grants have been cut way back (like every else). EDA is just a tough market.

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct groups need to work together more while clarifying the revenue recognition per product. 360 reviews GMs and product line directors should be done. More innovation is needed for making money with the various products.

Some senior management executives are incompetent

(Former Employee) Fremont, CA

I worked at Mentor Graphics

Pros: 1) 24 days of free time off per year for everyone. 2) Good work life balance. 3) Most people get a company laptop (new or used depending… Cons: 1) Some overlaps in customer facing positions, resulting in redundancy. A few people do the work, and others who do not contribute (or contribute very… Advice to Senior Management: Too much power and politics in sales/field organization, because there are many people with little to do. Invest more in R&D instead. For the benefit… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A nice place to take a break during one's career.

Technical Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics

Pros: My peers are among the most brilliant, energetic people I've worked with and I've learned a lot from them. Company allows flexible working hours, sometimes… Cons: Most organizations seem too top-heavy, so there is no career path for those at the bottom, the "doers" Mentor as a company is structurally… Advice to Senior Management: Why be so quick to ignore advice from bottom-dwellers like us TMEs? Management is bent on gathering new data without ever acting on the data… More
There are newer reviews on Mentor Graphics.

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!