Mentor Graphics

www.mentor.com

A nice place to take a break during one's career.

Technical Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsMy peers are among the most brilliant, energetic people I've worked with and I've learned a lot from them. Company allows flexible working hours, sometimes too flexible. Generous vacation: 24 days + a floating holiday, and many regular holidays. The Wilsonville campus is an amazing place with a gym and workout facility, duck ponds, on-site child care, and other wildlife.

ConsMost organizations seem too top-heavy, so there is no career path for those at the bottom, the "doers" Mentor as a company is structurally disadvantaged where each division seems like its own subsidiary with no inter-division cooperation, and possibly even competition for sales revenue. Mentor wants to sell "solutions" but in reality will always sell independent point tools due to the lack of collaboration. To advance one's career, one must either leave or go to a new division within Mentor.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy be so quick to ignore advice from bottom-dwellers like us TMEs? Management is bent on gathering new data without ever acting on the data they already have. Instead of focusing on solid products we can be proud of, we add shaky new features on a shaky foundation. Also why can't we get an RTL synthesis tool, however rudimentary - such a disadvantage to rely on competitors to complete the design flow.

Overall A Great Company but left to languish by Senior Management

Director (Former Employee) Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Mentor Graphics

Pros: Interesting work with the potential to do leading edge advancements. Great physical work environment. … Cons: Senior manage ment has loaded the company with debt while not building any momentum over an amazingly long period of time. The inability to… Advice to Senior Management: Leave and let someone else reinvigorate the business. More

Nice place to work, but being in the right product group makes all the difference

Technical Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics

Pros: Great Wilsonville campus with gym, putting green, walking trails, onsite pre-school and daycare. Family oriented place with 5 weeks of time off and flexible… Cons: Over the past several years, much of the software development has moved offshore to India and other places to cut costs. Bonuses have been… Advice to Senior Management: Product groups need to work together more while clarifying the revenue recognition per product. 360 reviews GMs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mentor Graphics.

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!