Mentor Graphics

www.mentor.com

Hard, high visibility work pays off if you make sure it does.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsAmazing campus, family atmosphere, flexible work time, work/life balance. There is possibility for career advancement if you work hard for it and pay attention to your own career. Being professionally aggressive doesn't necessarily pay off here but you have to be ready to capitalize on available opportunities when they come up (which isn't often because people stay in their jobs for a very long time). Management in my organization is very accessible and I feel pretty open to employee idea contribution. As a parent, Mentor Graphics has been a really great place to work.

ConsThere are a large number of people settled in to their positions who don't seem to be interested in professional movement or innovation - sometimes that attitude weighs on those of us who want to excel. It seems impossible to fire anyone at Mentor. Please make sure you get paid what you are worth when you are hired, while it is possible to get decent raises and promotions once you are hired on it isn't easy (I've heard some coworkers complain they haven't had increases in years!).

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can, consider shaking the foundations a little bit and cutting loose some dead weight. There isn't anything wrong with a little professional competition, please try to bring in some new achievers!

Great learning experience.

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics

Pros: Learn a lot from the job since they hire very smart employees. Every employee gets his own… Cons: There is a lot of bad legacy code in the… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate important information to employees more proactively. Need better co-operation between… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work

Corporate Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics

Pros: 15 days flexible day off. Easy to get help from other project divisions or groups if needed. Work culture is generally good as many of the offices… Cons: Difficult to get raise or promotion or move to the next level. Benefits package is not that great. Management does not stick to their decisions sometimes. Company is… Advice to Senior Management: Cut down too many managers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mentor Graphics.

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!