Meraki

www.meraki.cisco.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Meraki

Meraki is fun, laid back and inspiring - a dream to work for.

Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best reasons, I could go on and on. We are surrounded by the smartest, nicest, friendliest colleagues. Management is open to suggestions, trying new things, running different mini-competitions to keep it entertaining. Ongoing training, clear pathways to advancement, lots of people advancing to completely different teams if they decide they want to go in a different direction from their initial position with Meraki. Quotas are fair with room to overachieve. New people are quickly welcomed, and the people on my team have become some of my best friends. Stocked fridges, beer on tap, sweet Public bicycles for Christmas for everyone, rooftop garden/bbq with an amazing view and catered lunch every day - these things don't hurt either.

Cons

Our CEO has stressed the fact that he negotiated with Cisco to keep the culture as it is, keep the fun times rolling, but still the future is uncertain down the road as we integrate further into Cisco. So far nothing has changed though -- at least, not anything that affects me.

As one of the only females in the Account Development department, it might be nice to have some more women to chat with once in a while. But there are other amazing girls who sit near me in different departments, and the guys on my team are all incredible, so it really isn't an issue.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Meraki (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work. Great products. Pay could be better.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Meraki full-time

Pros

The products are well received in the marketplace.

The people here are fun and generally nice people. I really like my co-workers, even though we are growing so quickly I no longer know everyone's names.

You get free snacks and lunch.

No dress code

Cisco acquisition has resulted in lots of inbound customer/reseller interest.

Cons

They hire sales reps with very little experience, and don't seem to place a high value on experienced reps. This is disappointing and a little insulting, since I take my profession very seriously. But if feels like management thinks that someone 1-2 years out of college can do just about the same job as someone that has 5-10 years of experience. I think its more of a ploy to pay lower salaries.

Some other reviewers have said that the culture here is toxic. Although I respect their opinion, I have to strongly disagree. This has been one of the most fun work environments I've been part of. I am not a frat brother/sorority sister, and I treat people with respect, inside and outside of work. I do take a little offense to some of these allegations. To claim that in isolated incidents, someone has said something inappropriate to you is one thing. But to paint the entire company in that light is not only grossly exaggerated, it offends me because it is not an accurate representation of how I conduct myself here at Meraki.

I have worked at start-ups and large corporations alike, and they are very different working environments usually. If you'd like a quiet place to work with little social interaction between employees, there are places like HP, Oracle, etc... that might be a better fit than Meraki.

Don't change the awesome culture, or risk becoming like every other company out there.

Love working at Meraki

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (more than a year)

Pros

--You have a lot of responsibility and control over your territory, you really are able to manage it almost completely. You have a direct influence on sales in your territory.
    --Product is easy to sell and demo, it's something people really need
    --Great, fun culture-- free food, casual dress code, you can bring your dog to work, dart guns and big exercise balls everywhere--it's a really casual, fun environment. This year we had a Meraki houseboat trip and Tahoe trip. Our Xmas present was bikes for everyone!
    --The people you work with are great. Smart, fun, social. The job itself is great. I actually enjoy going to work, and the work feels exciting.
    --Quotas are attainable and fair, and the hours are good.

Cons

-- Fast growing company, so things are always changing. Quotas will go up, territories will get split, managers and teams will change. You've got to be okay with change and a fast paced environment.
    -- Competition. Like any sales job.
    -- Turnover isn't high, but some people aren't able to ramp up their territories fast enough so they can sometimes struggle.

Management is doing a good job so far, they have a lot of struggles with a company that's growing so quickly and seem to manage and communicate the changes well, considering

There are newer employer reviews for Meraki