Meraki

www.meraki.cisco.com
  www.meraki.cisco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meraki

Meraki offers a great work-life balance.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Work-Life Balance is great; there are several internal activity groups and Merakian events setup for employees to participate in
- The Cisco acquisition has brought a lot of positive attention to Meraki.
- Sales Goals are generally achievable.

Cons

- The accelerators on the compensation side, or added incentives, for over-achievers could use a brush up. I believe that those going above and beyond their goals should be awarded accordingly.

Take care of those bringing home the bacon.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Meraki (View Most Recent)

Should've taken any other offer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki (less than an year)

Pros

Some smart coworkers (some arrogant).
    Management isn't that bad.
    Free snacks.

Definitely would not recommend if you can find somewhere else, but not terrible.

Cons

If you want to work at an exciting start-up where you can make a real impact and reap the benefits... this is not it anymore.
    If you want to work at a top tech company where your work will reach the most people... this is (clearly) not it.

Meraki is fun, laid back and inspiring - a dream to work for.

Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best reasons, I could go on and on. We are surrounded by the smartest, nicest, friendliest colleagues. Management is open to suggestions, trying new things, running different mini-competitions to keep it entertaining. Ongoing training, clear pathways to advancement, lots of people advancing to completely different teams if they decide they want to go in a different direction from their initial position with Meraki. Quotas are fair with room to overachieve. New people are quickly welcomed, and the people on my team have become some of my best friends. Stocked fridges, beer on tap, sweet Public bicycles for Christmas for everyone, rooftop garden/bbq with an amazing view and catered lunch every day - these things don't hurt either.

Cons

Our CEO has stressed the fact that he negotiated with Cisco to keep the culture as it is, keep the fun times rolling, but still the future is uncertain down the road as we integrate further into Cisco. So far nothing has changed though -- at least, not anything that affects me.

As one of the only females in the Account Development department, it might be nice to have some more women to chat with once in a while. But there are other amazing girls who sit near me in different departments, and the guys on my team are all incredible, so it really isn't an issue.

There are newer employer reviews for Meraki