Meraki offers a great work-life balance.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Work-Life Balance is great; there are several internal activity groups and Merakian events setup for employees to participate in
- The Cisco acquisition has brought a lot of positive attention to Meraki.
- Sales Goals are generally achievable.

Cons

- The accelerators on the compensation side, or added incentives, for over-achievers could use a brush up. I believe that those going above and beyond their goals should be awarded accordingly.

Take care of those bringing home the bacon.

Other Reviews for Meraki

Meraki is fun, laid back and inspiring - a dream to work for.

Current Employee - Account Development  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best reasons, I could go on and on. We are surrounded by the smartest, nicest, friendliest colleagues. Management is open to suggestions, trying new things, running different mini-competitions to keep it entertaining. Ongoing training, clear pathways to advancement, lots of people advancing to completely different teams if they decide they want to go in a different direction from their initial position with Meraki. Quotas are fair with room to overachieve. New people are quickly welcomed, and the people on my team have become some of my best friends. Stocked fridges, beer on tap, sweet Public bicycles for Christmas for everyone, rooftop garden/bbq with an amazing view and catered lunch every day - these things don't hurt either.

Cons

Our CEO has stressed the fact that he negotiated with Cisco to keep the culture as it is, keep the fun times rolling, but still the future is uncertain down the road as we integrate further into Cisco. So far nothing has changed though -- at least, not anything that affects me.

As one of the only females in the Account Development department, it might be nice to have some more women to chat with once in a while. But there are other amazing girls who sit near me in different departments, and the guys on my team are all incredible, so it really isn't an issue.

Fun place to work. Great products. Pay could be better.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Meraki full-time

Pros

The products are well received in the marketplace.

The people here are fun and generally nice people. I really like my co-workers, even though we are growing so quickly I no longer know everyone's names.

You get free snacks and lunch.

No dress code

Cisco acquisition has resulted in lots of inbound customer/reseller interest.

Cons

They hire sales reps with very little experience, and don't seem to place a high value on experienced reps. This is disappointing and a little insulting, since I take my profession very seriously. But if feels like management thinks that someone 1-2 years out of college can do just about the same job as someone that has 5-10 years of experience. I think its more of a ploy to pay lower salaries.

Some other reviewers have said that the culture here is toxic. Although I respect their opinion, I have to strongly disagree. This has been one of the most fun work environments I've been part of. I am not a frat brother/sorority sister, and I treat people with respect, inside and outside of work. I do take a little offense to some of these allegations. To claim that in isolated incidents, someone has said something inappropriate to you is one thing. But to paint the entire company in that light is not only grossly exaggerated, it offends me because it is not an accurate representation of how I conduct myself here at Meraki.

I have worked at start-ups and large corporations alike, and they are very different working environments usually. If you'd like a quiet place to work with little social interaction between employees, there are places like HP, Oracle, etc... that might be a better fit than Meraki.

Don't change the awesome culture, or risk becoming like every other company out there.

There are newer employer reviews for Meraki.

Worked for Meraki? Contribute to the Community!