Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America

www.mbrdna.com

Don't stay too long

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat brand, great car programs (esp manager+), some of the projects are really interesting. Could be a great place to work with better management. Can be decent if you are on the right team or stay for a short stint.

ConsWhite, male, german, engineers are highly favored in this company. The smartest, most useful person I remember there was inexplicably in an exec asst role for the longest time despite having a finance background. A couple of people higher up on the food chain were let go under rumors of dirty dealings a few years ago.

Too many people retired on the job, even in the relatively small Palo Alto office. This is a huge problem in Germany, I don't know if some of these managers think it's ok to import this awful habit to the US. Junior employees and contractors do most of the work on many teams.

Management is disorganized and secretive, all decisions are made in Germany. A chosen few rise in the hierarchy while the majority stagnate. Too much redundancy (other offices working on similar projects which is disheartening).

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Get rid of the lazy employees, give the smart and hardworking ones more responsibility and opportunity.

Not a place for a long term stint

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good location Interesting projects Exposure to automotive technology Flexible working hours Sponsor visas Is a… Cons: Growth and advancement biased towards Germans Most people around you speak… Advice to Senior Management: Be open. Thats all it takes. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I like the expected 12 hour days, covering meetings in different time zones. Everything is in a crisis mode, no teamwork

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Redford, MI

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Looks good on a resume or during conversations about what you do or where you work. Other than that its… Cons: Time off looked down upon. No teamwork. Poor or non existant teambuilding (besides the world cup every 4 years) Sr,… Advice to Senior Management: The few good ones should make the others accountable. They are to blame, not the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America.

Worked for Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America? Contribute to the Community!