There are newer employer reviews for Mercer

Good place to learn for 2 years

Current Employee - Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Current Employee - Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Mercer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

opportunity to learn and start a career in consulting. You can start working directly with high level managers at clients'. Autonoly at work where you can be creative

Cons

too rigid structure and hard to move up the chain which makes investing in a career there hard to believe in. Had to leave due to this reason

focus on the big fish

reviews filtered by

Good place to start a career

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Mercer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The high performing professionals are good at what they do and will help your professional development. People in the consulting group tend to be very nice and outgoing, from those in my office to all those I collaborated with across the country.

Cons

The level of professional is inconsistent. Some people are just bad at their job, bad at professional services, just plain dumb.
    Also, under the new leadership of Glaser and Julio, it is clear that the company has pressure from MMC to improve Net Operating Income. This means limiting expenses, i.e. your salary.

Keep the focus on the client. Management's focus is on NOI which leads to reduced salary, which leads to the best people leaving, which leads to poor service to clients.

Nice local office, not sure about the bigger picture

Former Employee - Information Technology in Chichester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Chichester, England (UK)

I worked at Mercer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for Mercer at Chichester. Friendly people, good services, flexible working hours and good remuneration. Reasonable social life too.

Cons

Parking was a problem, but then I think that's a more universal issue. We had several changes of manager, from UK to US, and I think the morale suffered with the US approach.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercer